BANACH ALGEBRAS AND APPLICATIONS 2019
Pre-conference tips and information
- The on-site registration will start at 8:45 on July 11, and will continue during the coffee-breaks. There will be a registration table in Galleria (the indoor area outside of the Robert Schultz lecture theatre).
- All talks will be held at Schultz Lecture Theatre (also see campus map). The complete schedule of talks and all abstracts can be found in their corresponding section on the menu at the top of this page. If there is any change, we will announce it on the schedule and abstracts webpages.
- The easiest way to get to your hotel (Canad Inns Fort Garry, Holiday Inn Winnipeg-South or the residence hall on University of Manitoba) from Winnipeg airport is to take a taxi. This will cost CA$30-40. There is no direct bus from the airport to the university campus or the hotel. However, if you want to explore the Winnipeg public transit, you may take bus number 15 at the airport and change to bus number 160 at Southbound Vaughan at Portage North to get to the University of Manitoba. The residence is just about 100 meter away from the campus bus station. The bus fare is CA$2.95 (request a transfer when you pay your first ride and you can use it in one hour for your second bus ride). Bus number 160 also stops at Canad Inns and Holiday Inn.
- If you stay at a residence hall, tell the taxi driver to drop you at Arthur Mauro residence hall. That is where you will check in. During the week days you can buy breakfast at one of the two cafes on campus, The Degrees (located in the University Centre) and Daily Bread Café (at St. Johns College). See the campus map for the locations. They open at 8:00 AM. On weekend (July 13 and 14) the cafes are closed, but we have arranged for breakfast to be provided to you at Daily Bread Café for the two days, free of charges.
- We are organizing an excursion for Sunday July 14. For the excursion we plan to visit three places:
- FortWhyte nature reserve, in the morning
- The Forks (for lunch and sightseeing)
- Lower Fort Garry, in the afternoon
The bus will pick up at 9:30 AM from UM campus and along the way will stop at the designated hotels to collect interested participants staying there. When you register on-site please tell the secretary whether you would like to participate in the excursion. The cost of the excursion will be covered by the conference.
- 9:30 am Leave U of M
- 9:50 am Canad Inn pickup
- 10:10 am Holiday Inn pickup
- 10:30 am Fort Whyte (depart 12:00 pm)
- 12:30 pm The forks (Depart 2:30 pm)
- 3:15 pm Lower fort Garry (Depart 5:00 pm)
- The banquet will be held on Monday July 15th starting at 6:30 in Room 108 Cross-common, St-John's college